Upcoming talks and presentations
Próximas charlas y presentaciones
[invited talk] Quechua in Hollywood. University of Colorado, Boulder. 10:20am (Colorado Time) October 14th, 2020
[panel] Indigeneity and the Latinx Community. Harvard Latino Alliance. October 15th, 2020. 2pm ET
Previous talks and presentations
Charlas y presentaciones previas
- “Quechua workshop and mini-language lesson” Haverford College, Haverford, PA. March 24th, 2020. Event canceled until further notice due COVID-19.
- “Teaching and expanding Indigenous language programs: The case of Quechua”. Presentation with Nico Suárez-Guerrero (UPenn). Bryn Mawr College, PA. November 12th, 2019
- Panel on Quechua Literature, International Book Fair of Lawrence, Massachussets, 18-20 October, 2019, https://www.lawrenceibf.com
- “Teaching and Learning Indigenous Languages: an opportunity for a more diverse academia”, Pennsylvania State University, March 31st, 2019 2019
- “The relevance of Indigenous Languages within the Latinx community” Howard Community College, March 7th , 2019
- “Supporting Indigenous Languages: The Case of Quechua”, University of Maine, November 5th 2018
- “Teaching Quechua: Winning Spaces for Indigenous Languages in Academia”, Brown University, October 6th, 2018
- “Lenguas y culturas originarias en la construcción de identidades” Invited talk, 1er. Encuentro Latinoamericano de Cultura Viva, Municipalidad de la Arena, Piura, Perú, June 13th, 2017.
- “Indigenous Peoples’ Cultural Contributions to Urban Societies: Quechua language program at the University of Pennsylvania”, 9th Anniversary of the United Nations ‘Declaration of the Rights of the Indigenous Peoples’ Press Conference, Naciones Unidas (ONU), New York, September 13th, 2016
- “What is the Possibility of Universities Supporting Indigenous Languages? The Case of Quechua”. Invited Talk, Department of Modern Languages, Ursinus College, Collegeville, PA, November 29th, 2016
- “Can Universities Save Indigenous Languages? The Case of Quechua”. Invited talk, Department of Spanish and Portuguese, Georgetown University, Washington DC, April 28th.